The Middle River Concert Band was formed in 1956 as a result of several company bands folding when the businesses they represented decided against supporting the musicians.
Members came from many companies including Bethelehem Steel, Martin Airport, and Western Electric.
The band started with 15 members and grew to over 50 as the years progressed. Original rehearsal venues were difficult but several locations in the Middle River area were found - hence the name Middle River Concert Band.
Joseph DiCara, Sr. was the director from the beginning until his death in 2003. At that time, Raymond Reiner was selected to lead the band. Ray retired as conductor in December, 2012. Our current trio of conductors are: Ros Preston, Pam McCracken, and Sue Wilson.
An all volunteer group, the Middle River Concert Band enjoys a reputation for performing excellence.